I bet you have used the MB102 Bʀᴇᴀᴅʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜱᴜᴘᴘʟʏ. It is high time this Power Supply gets an upgrade. Enter ANT BBPS - The Open Source OLED Breadboard Power Supply. Can it replace a Lab Grade DC Power Supply for some applications?
The ANT BBPS is designed in such a way that it doesn't eat up too much space on the breadboard. The old MB102 version usually blocks off many breadboard pins as it is fully mounted on the breadboard.
Some Awesome Features of this BBPS:
1. OLED Display to show V, I, P & Current Limit that is set
2. Output Voltage can be controlled in 10mV increments (1.8 -12 V)
3. Digitally controlled current limit (50 mA increments)
4. USB Type C Input, Screw terminal to connect batteries
5. 1x Potentiometer & 1 Button to control Menu on OLED
6. Over Current Detection - Message will appear on OLED
7. Even change OLED Menu Orientation
So how does ANT BBPS pack in these features?
It has an Arduino Compatible ATtiny1604 microcontroller along with an INA219 high-side current sense amplifier. The ATtiny sets the output parameters, measures the output current, and displays information on the OLED, while the INA219 measures the current.
The Project is launching soon on Crowd Supply, Check it out: https://lnkd.in/dfuAH5sd
Can't wait? Then checkout the opensource git: https://lnkd.in/dpmd2tkE
It has the Schematics & Code. PCB is not available, though.
For more such useful embedded related posts, please follow my LinkedIn Profile & you can subscribe my YouTube Channel: https://lnkd.in/gVVtf9qH