Arduino has released its first Linux board! It combines an STM32 Microcontroller & an NXP Processor into a single board! Lets look at its features.
1. SoC – NXP i.MX 8M Mini Cortex-A53 quad-core up to 1.8 GHz,1x Cortex-M4 real-time core up to 400MHz.
2. Microcontroller – STM32H747AII6 Cortex-M7 480 MHz + M4 240 MHz MCU
3. System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4
4. Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
5. Connectivity -
802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 & Bluetooth 4.1
6. Power – 5V via USB-C port
7. Supports DisplayPort over USB-C
8. I/Os – 2x 80 pins with CAN, PCIe, SAI, MIPI, DSI, SPI, I2S, I2C, UART, PDM
9. Security – NXP SE0502 secure element, PSA from ARM
10. Price - 239$
The price may be a deal breaker though.
The NXP processor can run a Yocto-based Linux distribution and FreeRTOS, while the STM32H7 microcontroller is still programmable with the Arduino IDE or Arduino Cloud.
For more info on the board: https://lnkd.in/g6WbNCR7
For more such embedded quickbits follow me on LinkedIn & checkout my high quality free videos on YouTube: https://lnkd.in/gYAXS2xB