Radar-on-Chip! The SA80 from Uhnder will be the world’s first mass-produced, fully automotive qualified, 4D digital imaging Radar-on-Chip. This technology has won the Best of CES 2022 Innovation Award in Vehicle Intelligence & Transportation.
SA80 can perceive objects that cameras, Lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss when safety matters most. A single SA80 Radar-on-Chip can detect the following:
1. Detects and tracks thousands of objects
2. Tracks their height, speed and distance
3. Does all this at 50+ fps
4. 16x Resolution than today’s analogue offerings
Uhnder, Inc.’s SA80 Radar-on-Chip for example can identify:
1. A pedestrian crossing the road
2. A child entering the street from beside a parked car
3. A bicyclist next to a guard rail
In all-weather and lighting conditions, all while avoiding mutual interference between other radars.
The RoC also meets stringent automotive requirements including:
1. Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) Q104 qualification
2. ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL-B) rating
3. Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) with its first Tier 1 automotive customer, Magna
Uhnder’s radar-on-chip is expected to debut in vehicles this month. For example, Uhnder's digital radar technology is deployed under the front license plate on the Fisker Inc’s all-electric SUV named Ocean coming in 2022.
For more info, please check this out: https://www.uhnder.com/
For more such useful embedded related posts please follow me here on LinkedIn & you can subscribe my YouTube Channel: https://lnkd.in/gVVtf9qH