Raspberry Pi Starts Selling Flash Memory!
Didn't Expect Raspberry Pi to start selling Winbond's 16M-bit Flash Memory Chips! - This is a good thing...
A few weeks ago Raspberry Pi started selling the Raspberry Pico RP2040 Chips in bulk quantities at cheap price, to reduce chip shortage.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is doing a great job and doing their part, allowing access to such components, especially in this time of massive chip shortage. I applaud them for not capitalizing on limited supply by hiking prices.
The 16M-bit Flash Memory already used in the Raspberry Pico may be useful in your next project as its ideal for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly from Dual/Quad SPI and storing voice, text and data. It's features include:
1. Device operates between - 2.7V to 3.6V
2. Current consumption - as low as 1µA for power-down
3. Space Efficient Packaging - 8 Pin and different types
4. High Performance Serial Flash -
– 133MHz Single, Dual/Quad SPI clocks
– 266/532MHz equivalent Dual/Quad SPI
– 66MB/S continuous data transfer rate
5. Advanced Security Features
For more info, datasheet is here: https://lnkd.in/gEg7vNvz
For buying the chip form Raspberry Pi: direct.raspberrypi.com
For more such embedded qucikbits follow my LinkedIn & Subscribe my YouTube Channel: https://lnkd.in/gVVtf9qH