SAMA7G54 - Embedded Microprocessor for Edge ML from Microchip
A new Embedded Microprocessor for Edge ML from Microchip Technology Inc. is shown below. The SAMA7G54 is a high-performance, ultra-low power Arm Cortex-A7 CPU-based MPU running up to 1 GHz.
Its excellent for Imaging and Audio based Edge ML Applications because of following features:
1. Camera Interface - MIPI CSI-2 (2-lane up to 1.5 Gbps each) and 12-bit parallel camera
2. Up to 8 MP with 720p @ 30 fps
3. Audio: up to I2S, PDM, SPDIF (Rx/Tx), 4 stereo channel ASRC
4. Quad SPI, Octal SPI, 12 FLEXCOMs (USART, SPI, TWI)
5. Supports multiple memories such as 16-bit DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR2, LPDDR3
Well-suited for IoT security requirements because of these features:
1. Secure Boot
2. HW Cryptography (AES/TDES/SHA/RSA/ECC)
3. On-the-fly encryption/decryption from external memories
4. 11 kB OTP for key storage
Large Number of connectivity options:
1. Dual Ethernet MAC (10/100/1000 Gbit + 10/100)
2. Three HS USB PHY, 6x CAN-FD, 3x SD/eMMC
The MPU comes in an Evaluation Kit called SAMA7G54 Evaluation Kit. It comes with the actual hardware to explore all the supported features of the MPU.
The chip is priced between 10 to 15$ based on volume & the evaluation board at 330$.
Datasheet: of the chip: https://lnkd.in/dfTsSVRY
Evaluation Kit User Guide:
Get Chip Here: https://lnkd.in/dWNavUV4
Get Kit Here: https://lnkd.in/dQ98YZUg
For more such useful embedded related posts, please follow my LinkedIn Profile & you can subscribe my YouTube Channel: https://lnkd.in/gVVtf9qH